Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm not kidding, this place is becoming really expensive

Bad news for chuckleheads like me. Prague is becoming much more expensive very quickly. According to this article, Prague was the 49th most expensive city to live in last year. This year it's risen to #29. It's really not that far away from New York anymore, which clocks in at #22. Prague is even more expensive than Lagos these days. Stupid Lagos.

Now I don't feel so bad for spending the last week more or less cooped up inside my apartment trying my best to avoid spending money.

That would explain the lack of fascinating blog entries. I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to hear more of my antics. Unfortunately, all you get is my whining about the cost of living.

Good news though. I start work on Monday morning, 7:30 AM. My first class will be 4 upper-intermediate students that hate participating. Their last teacher informed me that they spend a lot of time just staring at you.

At least it's only an hour.

Monday's my busy day. Two 60 minute classes and two 90 minute classes. The 90 minute ones are an hour outside of town, in podunk nowhere, nearly halfway to Pilsen.

At least I'll be making koruna, baby, mad koruna.


No comments: