Friday, November 7, 2008

Poor Charlie


This is pretty much what I do. Every morning at 6:30 I get on the subway and spend 1 1/2 hours riding to Flushing, out in northeast Queens. After teaching, I take the subway 1 1/2 hours back to Brooklyn. Then, in the evening, I take an hour ride to the Upper West Side, then an hour back. In other words, I live on the subway. I have surprisingly few interesting stories about it. I get to read a lot. I once got to hear a guy "sing" in a monotone chant about how girls loved his "sexy voice". I sure did.

Bonus points if you get the reference in this title. I'll send you a MTA Christmas ornament or something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Charlie = Poor Johnny on the MTA.

JRH said...

Just to be a jerk, I'd like to point out that that song is actually about Boston! Yay jerkitude! (I hope your commute time has decreased since this post, yo.) HI.